Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tropical Fruits

We were walking around this mall called Fashion Island, which I have no idea why because they don't sell fashion clothes or anything, I usually just go there for food. I saw some fruits I like here...These are rambutans, I'm sure a lot of people have tried these. The fruits kinda tight, the seeds are annoying as hell though, because the wooden parts of the seeds always stick to the fruit. They aren't fun to chew on either.
These taste so good but the peeling part is a pain in the ass. The fruit inside are in cloves. Each clove have a seed in the middle. These are kinda sour and sweet, the seeds are kinda see through and mushy/soft.I think these are star fruits. They are kinda sour and sweet. I'm not really a big fan of the texture though.
I have no idea what these are called in English but they call them Noi Na here... I hate these. You pull each piece of the peel and the texture inside is mushy and seedy.. that means there's gazillion seeds inside. They are solid and black. I really don't like the taste and the smell of this fruit. They taste like you are chewing on fruit that exfoliates your tongue or something.
These are totally random but right next to the fruit stand, they have these fried dumplings stuffed with eggs right next to the fruits. And they sell other stuff on the skewers... like fish cakes and random crap.

1 comment:

Aditi Jhaveri Design said...

the one with the cloves is pomegranate i think, and the one you don't know the name of in English is a custard apple.
-aditi and P