Sunday, July 27, 2008

Eating Marathon

Today my parents took Ian and I out to lunch.
For lunch we went to this place called Cho Paga(i think) It's a Thai restaurant, they make pretty good dishes.
We ordered spring rolls for the appetizer but this ended up coming after the entree. The spring rolls has mushrooms, glass noodles, and pork. This was awesome with the sweet sauce they served on the side.
My dad ordered Lad Na, I've gotten this at almost every Thai restaurants in the States but for some reason I've never had a good Lad Na dish. Lad Na is fried rice noodles (wide ones) topped with gravy and vegetables/seafood. This was good here, the noodles were fresh because they didn't stick together and the gravy was just perfect.I ordered this dish called Kua Gai Noodles. I really don't know what that means but I think it's something to do with wide rice noodles fried with chicken. This was just okay, everything else tasted better than this one.
My mom ordered Pad Thai, I didn't even bother trying this one. From the look of the dish, the noodles were mushy and melted together, which means the chef cooked it for too long in very high heat. The noodles just looked wet rather than saucy.Ian ordered Pad Kee Maw aka Drunk Man's Noodles. This was really really good, it was a little spicy, the hotness just kinda crept up on me slowly.

No comments: