Sunday, July 27, 2008

Eating Marathon II

and for dinner...
we headed over to this place called Na Tong.
This place is always touristy, mad foreigners here. The setting of this place is totally different, it's got a huge lake in the middle where mad fish are swimming in, then there's a stage in the center for live performers to sing.. and surrounding is open area for people to sit and eat. Everything is outdoor, really breezy and comfortable.For an appetizer I ordered Seafood Salad. This was super spicy, sour, sweet, and salty all at once. Like a standard Thai salad but this was so spicy I couldn't feel my tongue after awhile. It's one of those dishes that you have to keep on eating because it's so spicy. The oysters are off focus but they were bombs. We ordered a whole pot of shrimp Tom Yum soup. This was super super tasty, it came with flame on the bottom and everything. The smell of lemon grass made me want to dive into the soup so I couldn't get a good picture of the soup.
Prawn Cakes, I have no idea how they made these but these totally taste like shrimp, they serve these with sweet sauce, it's the best thing ever. They really do taste better than they look though. 
Charcoal grilled squid/calamari-- it is sooo different to be able to smell the charcoal on the food. It just adds so much to it. This was so delicious.
This was Cashew Chicken, they stir-fried this with fresh peppers, those are the green berry looking things. They are so spicy you aren't supposed to eat them.
These were called Yod Mara or something, I really don't know what they are called in English but these were super delicious. These prawns were sooo tasty, they were soo fresh you can feel the crunch.
For dessert I ordered Coconut Jelly, they give me the whole fruit with coconut jelly inside. This was delicious. I love scraping the coconut pieces off the coconut fruit.

No comments: