Monday, July 14, 2008

Fornino

The day before we left, we had lunch with our friend, Kremer. I like to introduce her as Creamer because I really think that suits her better. Anyway, she took us to Fornino by her apt. in Williamsburg.  The menu was just too much. I wanted to order everything. It basically took us 30 minutes to decide what we wanted to eat.

For my entree/appetizer I ordered Vongole which are clams, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and oregano. The portion was kinda small for $12  It was a little bland and buttery. I expected it to be more intense in flavor but no.So I think they needed more garlic in my dish. we all split 2 pizzas one was Funghi Misti-- mixed wild mushrooms, caciocavallo, mozzarella, white truffle oil.  This was the best pizza I've ever had. I'm not a pizza person, but this, I could definitely eat all the time. The vegetables were sooo tasty. and the second pizza was Funghi E prosciutto-- tomato, shitake mushroom, proscuitto, mozzarella, bel paese, pecorino gamberi e pesto, rock shrimp, pes to zucchini cherry tomatoes, and parmesan. This one wasn't my favorite. It was definitely a lot of meat, and not that much mushroom. The cheese on here was kinda sour and I couldn't really taste anything other than meat. I'm not really a big fan of meat so the Funghi Misti was much better for me. 

No comments: