Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Morning After

So the morning after my birthday we went out for brunch. I was completely sober and felt fine... amazing. We went over to ici on Dekalb Ave. Apparently this place is French but I obviously didn't notice that because there was this random white girl and an old Asian lady working there. The service was slow they were super fast with check though. We sat in the back garden which was nice until leaves and crap from the tree started falling into our food. The menu at ici was amazing, everything sounded good but definitely overpriced. 
I started off with coffee. The coffee was really good and super bold, I knew it was bold because they gave us a very teeny container of milk and our coffee were still black after the milk was emptied out. So I had to force them to bring out the cream which took about 20 minutes. 
Ian ordered a bagel and smoked salmon for $8. It might just be me, but I really don't understand the whole $8 bagel thing.

Chris ordered french toast. This was probably the best entree to order here. Very tasty and the fruits were fresh, not canned.
I ordered sauteed collard green with garlic and chile. This was very tasty and tangy in a good way. This was when I found out that collard green was a part of soul food. 
For my entree I ordered scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. The salmon was fresh but this dish was just really salty. 

No comments: