Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MK Hot Pot

MK is pretty popular in Thailand. People here loveee the hot pot, or the idea of throwing all the food into one pot and just eating directly from the pot. Here at MK all the food and ingredients they give you are raw. You can order just about anything like fresh vegetables, meat, seafood, noodles, etc.
We ordered these green noodles called 'Jade Noodles' they topped the noodles with garlic. Please note that I did not enhance the color on the noodles, they really are this green. They don't taste like green shit or anything. They just taste like regular noodles with garlic, the texture is a little different though.
Then we ordered grilled duck, usually people eat the jade noodles with duck on top. I tried both and I really didn't like the duck, it was too sweet in my opinion.
For dessert, I ordered shaved ice with red juice. They usually top shaved ice with condensed milk. I immediately dug into the shaved ice without thinking about the cleanliness of shady ice here in Thailand. Luckily I was fine...

No comments: