Friday, July 18, 2008

Siam Paragon

On our second day, my brother Tomo took us to Siam Paragon to get some Thai food. This place had the menu in English so Ian was able to order his own dish. My Thai is horrible but I think it says King Kunlapaprut (or something like that)
My absolute favorite fruit juice here is watermelon. They only use watermelon and nothing else, so it tastes like pure watermelon. Its awesomeeee. 
Tomo ordered grilled pork seasoned with garlic and pepper. I tried some and THIS was SOO GOOD. I ordered Chinese vermicelli with vegetables and curry. This is actually one of my favorite Thai dishes minus the egg.Ian ordered the white people's standard. Egg noodles with vegetables/bamboo shoots and gravy. This was alright, it had a pungent smell of bamboo shoots though which means they didn't soak it in the water long enough. Couldn't really taste the gravy, I've had it better at a cheaper restaurant. The bill was about 600Baths. Apparently that's mad money here but I guess we pay extra for the English menu.

No comments: