Friday, August 1, 2008

Octopus Cakes

These aren't considered Thai food. It's Japanese but they have them in Thailand for just as good as the ones in Japan. I guess the countries are close enough together that you can just get them here.These are called Takoyaki in Japanese. I have no idea what they call them in Thai. They are little creamy balls. It's crunchy on the outside, its creamy and they stuff the inside with huge octopus pieces. The sprinkle them with seaweed pieces. These are totally delicious as long as you don't look at the grill, it looks a little shady and messy.


Right after that we went over to this ice cream place called Swensen. Apparently this is from San Francisco I've never heard of it but obviously that's because I'm from the East Coast. The ice cream here is alright, not as creamy as Hagen Daz but I mean nothing can compare to that.
My mom ordered some green tea ice cream sundae with chocolate fudge.
My dad made me order this ice cream called 'Sweet Princess' he said this would suit me. I changed the strawberry ice cream to the green tea one because I hate artificial strawberry flavor, they always taste overly sweet and smell like dirty rags covered in canned strawberries. The green tea ice cream was good, I like it, it's never too sweet.
Ian ordered 2 scoops of ice cream with whipped cream topping. He got 2 coffee scoops. When he got his ice cream we all kinda laughed because they gave him whipped cream 'topping' on the side. It's like wtf?
Shouldn't whipped cream be ON TOP of the ice cream???  yeah... weird. 

No comments: