Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ramen #8

I have been eyeing this place called Hachiban Ramen for the past 2 weeks. This is a chain restaurant and I see it everywhere. I scoped out the menu before and it looked so good. We finally tried it out today. Hachiban means No.8 in Japanese. I have no idea why it's called that.. wouldn't you want to name your restaurant No.1 instead of No.8 if anything?This is their logo. Horrible, I know. But the food was much better than the logo. Honestly... My mom ordered their signature ramen. This was really really good. The soup tasted like super authentic Japanese broth for ramen. The portion was great for the price. 
I ordered green onion ramen. This came with miso broth underneath. The broth was really good but they could use a little less salt though. I think the number 8 thing in the center of everything is cute but it's a little cheesy. We don't really want No. 8 in our food. 
Ian ordered yakisoba. This dish.. I really think I could make better yakisoba. This was very salty and mushy. The noodles were over cooked so it was super soft and the sauce they used for yakisoba was just not good. 

No comments: