Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mum's Birthday at Somboon's

For my mom's birthday celebration we went out to a seafood place called Somboon. The seating at this restaurant was my least favorite. It looked like a school cafeteria. This place was soo plain. The atmosphere at this place was horrible. There were more workers standing around all over. There were more staff working there than people eating there. They were just standing right behind us watching each of us eat. 
I ordered the 'mango freeze' it's just mango smoothie. This was sooooo good. Then right after my mango juice arrived our oysters showed up like this... on ice. This was really good. I don't normally eat oysters raw but this was good. 
These are garlic shrimp. Obviously they are called that because they are cut in half and stuffed with a whole lot of garlic. I honestly wasn't a big fan of this. I like my shrimp plain rather than having them smell and taste like garlic. 
Yes, these were actually pretty huge. We ordered the steam kind because I don't like my crab tasting like other things. The natural taste is the best. 
and the typical seafood salad. I'm just so addicted to them. This wasn't as good as the one I had at the other place though. 
I'm not really a big fan of fish so I wasn't so crazy about this one. I just thought it had a really cool fish shaped burner thing. The fish didn't taste too fishy though. 

No comments: