Monday, June 30, 2008

The best of Cape May

Tagging along with the Russell family to their family reunion in Cape May, NJ was amazing. We had no internet connection and I had to keep my phone off since I didn’t bring my charger with me so I was pretty much disconnected from the real world, I had an anxiety at first, then I got used to it. It was quite nice, actually. I recommend all the New Yorkers to try it at one point in life. All the meals we had were home cooked, from breakfast to dinner. The morning before we left, we stopped by the Italian market on 9th Street to pick up all the ingredients for the trip. Right across from the Italian market there’s Pretzel Co. on Washington Avenue. The pretzels here are weirdly shaped and flat, compared to the pretzels we are used to in New York (those were always stale). We picked up $10 worth of pretzels, which got us 30 fresh baked pretzels. People here eat their pretzels with spicy mustard on top, which was unfortunate for me, since I hate everything about mustard. The first night, we had a cookout, the burgers were served with grilled vegetables covered in garlic, pepper, and sea salt followed by blueberry pie and peach pies for dessert. On day two, we checked out the boardwalk where we visited the Fudge Kitchen and tasted almost all the flavors. Another thing about the boardwalk, they always have these delicious flavors of water ice that you can’t get elsewhere.


No comments: